Sunday school for both children, youth and adults takes place during the 9:00 a.m. education hour.
Children and youth begin in their age-graded classes for gathering time activities then proceed to the newly remodeled children’s worship center located on the ground floor. Here they engage in their own worship service that includes candle lighting, singing and encountering the day’s Bible story. At the end of this time they transition back to their classrooms for follow-up discussion or crafts. Each Sunday there is a take-home handout that describes the lessons and offers questions for follow-up conversation at home with family.
A nursery is available for children up to age 5 from 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. each Sunday morning and is located on the first floor of the education wing. The nursery coordinator and assistant are trained in childcare, CPR and first aid.
For adult education programming, see specific links for weekly Bible study groups, numerous fellowship groups, Sunday education hour and community service options.
Sunday morning schedule
9:00 to 9:15 a.m. – Gathering in children and youth classrooms
9:15 to 9:40 a.m. – Candle lighting, singing and storytelling in the newly remodeled Children’s Worship Center (Room 4, ground floor of the education wing) – all ages
9:40 to 10:00 a.m. – Joys and concerns, crafts or activities in age-graded classes for all children and youth
- Pre–Kindergarten to Kindergarten (ages 4- & 5-year olds): Room 102 (first floor of education wing)
- Grades 1st–2nd: Room 101 (first floor of education wing)
- Grades 3rd–5th: Room 2 (ground floor of education wing)
- Grades 6th–12th: Room 206 (second floor of education wing)
- Adults: Room 201 (second floor of education wing)
Note: Due to spring break, there will be no children’s or youth Sunday school on March 11 or 18, 2018.
Wednesday evening schedule
The Wednesday evening LOGOS program runs from September 2018 through May 2019.
Children, kindergarten–5th grades:
- 5:00 to 5:20 p.m. — All . . . Gathering time & activities, Fellowship Hall (second floor of education wing)
- 5:20 to 5:50 p.m. —
K to 1st graders . . . . . . . . . . Bible lesson, craft & activity, Room 101 (first floor of education wing)
2nd to 5th graders . . . . . . . Music & worship skills, Room 4 (ground floor of education wing)
- 5:50 to 6:15 p.m. —
K to 1st graders . . . . . . . . . . Music & worship skills, Room 4 (ground floor of education wing)
2nd to 5th graders . . . . . . . . Bible lesson, craft & activity, Room 2 (ground floor of education wing)
- 6:15 p.m. — All . . . . . . . . . . LOGOS dinner at tables
- 7:00 p.m. — All . . . . . . . . . . Dismissal
Youth, 6th–12th grades:
- 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. — LOGOS dinner at tables
- 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. — Games, Bible activities & Confirmation (7th & 8th graders) meet on select dates
Note: Due to spring break, there will be no Wednesday LOGOS on March 20, 2019.