Summer VBS for Adults? Yes!
Job and the Life of Faith: Wisdom for Today’s World. A summer Bible study series led by Wallace W. Bubar.
There was never a time when the Book of Job was not relevant, but it is especially so today. The Book of Job cuts straight to the heart of what it means to be human. It is one of the most profound explorations of the life of faith ever written, and wrestles with some of life’s most perplexing questions. Why do bad things happen to good people? Is there a correspondence between sin and suffering, obedience and blessing? Why should we serve God if there are no guarantees of blessings and freedom from loss and harm? Bring your own questions, and come join us as we explore the Book of Job together.
- May 31: Introducing Job: the Book and the Man (Job 1-2)
- June 7: The Impatience of Job (Job 3)
- June 14: With Friends Like These… (Job 4, 6, 8, 10-12)
- June 21: No Bible Study
- June 28: When Familiar Answers Fail (Job 19, 23, 28)
- July 5: Closing Arguments (Job 29-31)
- July 12: The Voice from the Whirlwind (Job 38, 40, 42:1-6)
- July 19: Life within Limits (Job 42:7-17)
Join us, beginning Wednesday, May 31, 2017, from 10:00–11:30 a.m., in Room 112 at Central!