Welcome from the Pastor
Welcome to Central Presbyterian Church! I’m glad you found your way here.
At Central, our roots are deep, going back to our founding in 1848. And today, we’re growing, as people continue to come here seeking a deeper connection with God, seeking community with other people of faith, seeking enrichment for their spiritual lives, and seeking ways to make a difference in the world.
I came to Central in 2015 because I was excited at the prospect of serving a vibrant congregation that is known for–
- openness and inclusiveness, where all people are valued and embraced as full members of God’s family, whoever they are, wherever they come from.
- a warm and welcoming sense of community, where caring and supportive relationships are formed, and hospitality is extended to friends and strangers alike.
- inspiring worship services, where souls are uplifted each week with glorious music, vibrant liturgy, and engaging preaching, in one of Des Moines’ most beautiful sacred spaces.
- creative ministries with children and youth, where kids of all ages are excited to learn about the Bible and the great adventure of following Jesus.
- an intelligent approach to Christian faith, where people aren’t afraid to wrestle with difficult questions as they explore the meaning of Christian faith in today’s world.
- a passion for mission and service, where faith is lived out daily in ministries of compassion, reconciliation and social justice here in Des Moines and throughout the world.
That’s what Central Presbyterian Church is all about. That’s what attracted me to this church. If that’s the kind of church you’re looking for, then come by and check us out. Join us for worship or any of our other wonderful programs. We would love to welcome you to share in our journey of faith here at Central.
Grace & Peace—
The Rev. Wallace W. Bubar